Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Too Noisy

Too Noisy


The Too Noisy app was shared with me by a student and I think it may have a place in the classroom management repertoire for some teachers. There is a free version and $.99 version that just adds more backgrounds.


From the TooNoisy website:
Just Right!




The "Too Noisy App" has been designed to assist a teacher keep control of general noise levels in a classroom using a visual stimulus.
As the noise level in a classroom increases beyond an acceptable level the noise level meter dynamically indicates the level of noise, and the background graphics within the app change to reflect the noise levels.
Teachers are able to control the sensitivity of the app by using the sensitivity slider within the app itself so the app can be used for all types of lessons.


Getting louder
Classroom Applications:
The app can be run directly on the ipad or displayed on the classroom interactive whiteboard by using a VGA adapter from the 30 pin iPad socket (note this feature only works on iPad 2's).


This app can be downloaded by clicking the image at the beginning of this post!
Too Noisy!!

12 comments:

  1. This is a great visual tool to let kids know when they're too loud.
    Dawn J. FPES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this one in my class! April H
    LES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one.
    Deni T. MGES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this in my PE class to see how the kids would react and most tried to be real quiet, but of course there is always 1 student who thinks they are very funny and he made all kinds of different sounds to see if he could set it off! Then all the students laughed. whoa is me!
    Barbara W. WKE & MGES

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I am assuming this would work using the dongle to display it on the Smartboard!?! Stephanie T ( CSES)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids this year just don't understand the concept of "too loud" maybe this visual will help. Can't wait to try it out. Michelle L. (FPES)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A BIG "Thank You" goes to Nicole, a first year teacher at my school, for introducing me to this app! At the beginning of the year, our second grade team used it to monitor the noise level in our classrooms at various times throughout the day (mostly during partner work and small group work). Having the ability to adjust the sensitivity level allowed us to teach the students the appropriate volume levels for partner work and small group work in a fun way! Karen T. (PES)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this app because it gives students a visual of how loud they are. Also, for teachers who share students it gives them some consistency from class to class. Jessica G. (RBES)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate the visual reminder for students who are trying to "do the right thing". I like to use it as a measure to reward students. Judy W. (GES)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I downloaded this app on my IPad and shared it with my students. We used it during centers and they loved to be able to look at the smartboard and check their noise level. Candy W
    (RBE)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used this app on my IPad in my little student groups and it really helped to have a visual reminder for when they were getting too loud. They really liked it!! Cindy B. (CSE)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My students tend to think that if they are talking it is just one person and it doesn't matter. This is a great app to show them why it matters when we are taking a quiz or working quietly on something!
    Emily L. LES

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...