Thursday, January 10, 2013

Read Me Stories



Read Me Stories is a free app that contains picture book stories.    You can choose to read the story by yourself, or you can have the app read the story aloud.  As the story is read, each word is highlighted to help students track the words. There are 8 categories of stories and the app contains one sample book in each category. Other books are available for purchase.

Classroom Applications:
The purpose of this app is to foster independent reading for students in Kindergarten-2nd grade.

3 comments:

  1. We love this app! It's wonderful to have so many books for 1st Graders to "Listen-to-Reading".

    Lori R. - MGES

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first graders and I love this app! They enjoy reading along with the stories during our Daily 5 round 2 :) It is a great way to model and practice fluent reading.

    Natasha M. - WKES

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great app for me to use for my RTI students. While working with small groups of different levels, I can find comfort in knowing that my students who need support are getting it without me having to be the one delivering it. Plus anything on the iPad makes reading fun. Win-Win.

    Michelle L.- FPES

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...